Scholastic Parents Night: Keeping Kids Engaged as Readers
With so many TV shows, video games, and other things to do, how can we help kids get excited about picking up a book -- and continue reading it?
In our second Scholastic Parents Night event, Scholastic authors, editors, and education experts will share tips and answer your burning questions about how to keep kids engaged as readers, build their skills, and grow their confidence.
We will be joined by:
- Moderator John Schu: Lecturer at Rutgers University, Ambassador of School Librariess for Scholastic, host of the Facebook show Book Joy Live, and the author of the popular blog Watch. Read. Connect.
- Pam Allyn: Co-author of Every Child a Super Reader and Founder of LitWorld
- Andrea Davis Pinkney: Vice President and Executive Editor, Award-Winning Author
- Phil Falco: Creative Director (Graphix)
- Malcolm Mitchell: Author of My Very Favorite Book in the Whole Wide World, Founder of Share the Magic Foundation
- Ernest Morrell: Co-autor of Every Child a Super Reader and Director for the Center for Literacy Education at the University of Notre Dame
- Lauren Tarshis: Author of the I Survived Series, Publisher of Scholastic Classroom Magazine
Attendees who visit the store after the event will receive a goodie bag (on a first come, first serve basis), and all attendees will receive digital activities, brochures, and more!
Register for this FREE event here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/scholastic-parents-night-keeping-kids-engaged-with-reading-registration-135720759445?keep_tld=1
Check out this link for a list of books you can purchase before or after the event: https://www.thecountrybookshop.biz/scholastic-parents-night-keeping-kids-engaged-readers
We hope you'll join us!