Who You Callin' Crazy?! The Journey from Stigma to Therapy- Local author returns!
The Country Bookshop welcomes Juliet Lam Kuehnle to chat about her book, Who You Calling Crazy?! The Journey from Stima to Therapy.
Juliet Kuehnle is a National Board Certified Counselor and mental health therapist who founded and owns Sun Counseling & Wellness, a private practice with two locations in Charlotte, North Carolina, that also provides telehealth throughout North Carolina. She is also a mental health/wellness consultant, speaker, and a writer with two magazine bylines. Juliet hosts a podcast called, "Who You Callin' Crazy," that features practical therapy tips and conversations with interesting people you (want to) know. She has been featured on WBTV, WCNC, and in publications including Shondaland, PsychCentral, and Medium/Elemental. You can follow Juliet on social media @yepigototherapy for relatable, helpful, and often humorous insight. You can also access free resources and shop her therapy swag at yepigototherapy.com.
This is THE book that finally peels back the curtain, mystery, and stigma around supporting your mental health journey!
From this first line on, Who You Callin’ Crazy?! is honest, real, and relatable. Juliet, founder and owner of Sun Counseling and Wellness and practicing therapist for over a decade, is on a mission to end the stigma around therapy and to normalize and elevate the dialogue around mental health. Inspired by the collective experience we all had during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic, she wrote this book to make our understanding and ownership of how we struggle more than just a moment, but a movement: a movement to support each other in feeling less shame and judgment, and find pathways to more healing, growth, and balance. This is an easy to follow guide with helpful scripts and understandable takeaways. Juliet has organized the book into three parts and encourages readers to jump in wherever they are on their mental health journey:
- Part 1: Who You Callin’ Crazy?!
- Unpacking myths and misconceptions about mental health, understanding its stigma, and claiming–or reclaiming–what mental health means to you.
- Part 2: Maybe I Should Go To Therapy
- Answering common questions about therapy and seeking support, like what therapy actually is, what are the common misconceptions, how to know it’s time to go to therapy, how to find a therapist, how to know a therapist is a good fit, how to break up with a therapist, and much more.
- Part 3: Yep, I Go To Therapy
- A deeper dive into practical tips and takeaways for improving self-awareness; a little taste of therapy, if you will, that you can take back to your own therapist.